Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Tuesday · September 22, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Albany) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The Hospital Medicine Chief oversees the educational instruction of Albany Medical College residents and students assigned to inpatient medicine rotations at the VA, ensuring that a robust educational curriculum is followed to meet the educational needs of the post-graduate training program, working in close collaboration with the Medical Residency Program Director.
- The Albany VA is a tertiary care facility, affiliated with Albany Medical College.
- This is an important clinical leadership position that also interfaces with the medical center's administrative leadership.
- The Albany VA is recognized as a quality top performer hospital at the forefront of technological advances.
- All VA physicians in the Department of Medicine receive faculty appointments at a rank commensurate with training and experience.
- The successful candidate follows established acceptable evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, remains current in scientific medical advancements and state of the art medical practices, and provides oversight and mentoring.
- The Albany VA Medical Center is seeking a Chief of Hospital Medicine to lead a dynamic 5-member Hospitalist team, often in a close interdisciplinary collaboration with other clinical services such as the Department of Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Behavioral Medicine, and Geriatrics/Extended Care.
- Each hospitalist functions as a cooperative and collegial team member with the entire medical center staff.
- It is the responsibility of the Chief of Hospital Medicine to oversee, define and establish the direction of the inpatient hospital program, including quality improvement opportunities.
- Services offered include but are not limited to, Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Robotic Surgery, Integrated Behavioral Health Care, Geriatrics, and Acute and Chronic Dialysis.
- Hospitalist teams supervise internal medicine residents and medical students as part of an active teaching service.
- The Albany VA is located in the beautiful Capital District of NY which boasts variety of cultural offerings and outdoor activities, excellent quality of life, good cost of living and proximity to larger metropolitan cities including NYC, Boston, and Montreal.
This perm job from Department of Veterans Affairs was last open on Apr 28.