Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Friday · February 23, 2018
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Buffalo) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, America's first cancer center, founded in 1898, is located in Buffalo, New York, and is the only upstate New York facility to hold the National Cancer Institute "comprehensive cancer center" designation and membership in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
- As an integral part of the inpatient care teams, the hospitalists will effectively communicate with the various clinical teams to ensure continuity of care, patient safety, and efficient utilization of resources.
- About Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
- Hospitalists render 24/7 care and treatment to Roswell Park's inpatients on the solid tumor service.
- The ideal candidate will have strong clinical skills, demonstrate excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills that will help promote and maintain strong collaborative relationships with other clinicians at Roswell Park.
- The Department of Medicine at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center has an immediate opening for a Board Eligible/Board Certified Internal Medicine physician to join our Hospitalist Team of physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Physicians shall be responsible for providing general internal medicine care for all solid tumor inpatients, including admissions, history and physicals, and progress notes.
- The hospitalist will also co-manage services at the request of members of the Medical Staff.
- The Hospitalist service also provides after-hour care to the hematology oncology inpatients.
- The Hospitalists work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and support Roswell Park patients by delivering high quality, inpatient care.
- It includes basic science departments of Immunology, Genetics, Drug Development, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics that complement nationally prominent departments of Surgery, Radiation Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Medicine.
- They also collaborate on after-hours triage phone calls and with the staff of the Assessment and Treatment Center (ATC).
- Candidates must be BE/BC in Internal Medicine, licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York and Acls Certified.
- This recruitment will specifically cover night shifts.
- The hospitalist has an essential role with the rapid response and code team.
- In addition, the hospitalist will be involved with the development of protocols, which support evidenced based care, best practices, and patient satisfaction.
- Roswell Park is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
- This will include active participation in quality and performance Improvement initiatives.
- Faculty Recruitment Administrator, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263 or.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago
by NAS Recruitment - Cleveland, OH - Corporate & Sales.