Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Sunday · February 16, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- Research background.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- Reasonable patient load.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Become a member of our team.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Closed ICU.
- New graduates welcome.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago
by Job Target.