Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Tuesday · September 22, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Closed ICU.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- New graduates welcome.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Become a member of our team.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
- Research background.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
This perm job from Job Target was last open on Mar 1.