Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Wednesday · April 8, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Reasonable patient load.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- Closed ICU.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Become a member of our team.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Research background.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- New graduates welcome.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
This perm job from Job Target was last open on Mar 1.