Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Saturday · August 15, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This locum tenen position offers competitive compensation.
This locum tenen hospitalist job (Upstate) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Intubations, central lines (done with central line cart and ultrasound), basic vent management.
- 4 physicians.
- Not onsite at night but very good backup and nurses.
- Board requirement: Certified or eligible in IM or FP (with hospital experience).
- How long is credentialing?
- Is the locums need is short-term (2-6 months) or long-term (6+ months)?
- Yes, with ICU experience.
- These are a must!
- What procedures are required of locums?
- Will Temp/Emergency privileges granted?
- How many admissions per night, on average?
- What is the total census per provider during the day, including admissions?
- Will locum providers respond to codes?
- Will nocturnist candidates be considered?
- Number of ICU beds: 8.
- Yes, with ICU experience Clinical.
- 2 FTEs.
- 1 physician.
- Is beeper. This group and HM manage ICU patients.
- Consider candidates that only want weekends?
- Prefer 7on/7off.
- How many MDs/APCs during the night?
- 17-20 per physician.
- How many ICU beds are there?
- Will FP trained physicians be accepted in addition to IM?
- What is the total HM census covered at night?
- Do you have Intensivists?
- This group and HM manage ICU patients.
- How many FTE's/Locums will the program need to help stabilize your need?
- Consider candidates who need to travel?
- Shift Times: 7a-7p and 7p-7a.
- Reason for Locum need?
- Is it an open ICU?
- Days and nights.
- EMR system: MediTech.
- How many MDs/APCs during the day?
- 2-3 months.
- Staffing Model (scheduled shifts per day): 3 day rounders, 1 day admitter and 1 night admitter.
- Who responds to codes, EM or HM?
- Resignation and maternity leave.
- How many of those are admissions during day?
- Is your need for day/night or flexible providers?
- No intensivist group but Pulmonary Care group across the street handles the critical care patients.
- Is beeper.
- Resignation and maternity leavePROGRAM.
This locum job opening was posted
2 weeks ago