Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Saturday · March 6, 2021
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
This locum tenen position offers competitive compensation.
This locum tenen hospitalist job (Upstate) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 2-3 months.
- How long is credentialing?
- How many admissions per night, on average?
- 4 physicians.
- What is the total census per provider during the day, including admissions?
- What procedures are required of locums?
- How many MDs/APCs during the night?
- Do you have Intensivists?
- Resignation and maternity leave.
- Is your need for day/night or flexible providers?
- Board requirement: Certified or eligible in IM or FP (with hospital experience).
- What is the total HM census covered at night?
- Intubations, central lines (done with central line cart and ultrasound), basic vent management.
- How many MDs/APCs during the day?
- How many of those are admissions during day?
- How many FTE's/Locums will the program need to help stabilize your need?
- Will FP trained physicians be accepted in addition to IM?
- Yes, with ICU experience Clinical.
- Reason for Locum need?
- Number of ICU beds: 8.
- 2 FTEs.
- Will Temp/Emergency privileges granted?
- How many ICU beds are there?
- Is beeper. This group and HM manage ICU patients.
- These are a must!
- Resignation and maternity leavePROGRAM.
- Will nocturnist candidates be considered?
- Shift Times: 7a-7p and 7p-7a.
- Days and nights.
- Will locum providers respond to codes?
- Who responds to codes, EM or HM?
- Is beeper.
- 1 physician.
- Staffing Model (scheduled shifts per day): 3 day rounders, 1 day admitter and 1 night admitter.
- 17-20 per physician.
- Consider candidates that only want weekends?
- Is the locums need is short-term (2-6 months) or long-term (6+ months)?
- No intensivist group but Pulmonary Care group across the street handles the critical care patients.
- This group and HM manage ICU patients.
- Not onsite at night but very good backup and nurses.
- Consider candidates who need to travel?
- Prefer 7on/7off.
- Is it an open ICU?
- Yes, with ICU experience.
- EMR system: MediTech.
This locum tenen job from D&Y was last open on Jan 5.