Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Friday · January 15, 2021
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Broo) is for an academic medical center.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- Research background.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Closed ICU.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Become a member of our team.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- Clinical decision-making.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- New graduates welcome.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- If you need a disability-related accommodation.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Aug 19.