Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Saturday · August 15, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Broo) is for an academic medical center.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- New graduates welcome.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards.
- Become a member of our team.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Clinical decision-making.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Research background.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Closed ICU.
- If you need a disability-related accommodation.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago