Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Saturday · December 2, 2023
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Stony Brook Children's, with more than s in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
- Become a member of our team.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (126379).
- Special Notes.
- Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
- Com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at or.
- Application Instructions.
- Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care.
- Oct 23, 2023.
- The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- Experience with quality or research initiatives.
- Closed ICU.
- Completion of a Chief Residency or GME approved fellowship program.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- With ony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center.
- Nov 23, ern Time.
- One year current full-time hospitalist experience.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education, and participation in the development of clinical research.
- 5 CME days annually with $1,ipend.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
- For technical support.interfolio.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or a NP/PA.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- 2022 Inc.
- In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request. It can also be viewed online at the University Police.
- For questions regarding this position. Sadia Abbasi at.
- At our 624-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- All rights reserved.
- Hospitalist earns an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Location: Stony Brook, New York.
- Non-Tenure Track position.
- PGY3s within 6 months of graduation or new graduates welcome.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hour shifts while on clinical duties.
- Specialized training or fellowship in geriatrics or hospitalist medicine.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- In the Medical and Research Translation (Mart) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center's outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, one of the following criteria is required.
- Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- MD or equivalent.
- Chief resident or similar leadership experience.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Two years of current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine.
- Flsa Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the Flsa.
- Family Medicine Residency with concentration on Hospitalist Medicine.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Nov 23.